Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2nd Implant and Recovery

It has been a long time since I lasted blog. I had my surgery for the 2nd implant on the left last Wednesday, Feb 17. Dr. Niparko did a wonderful job and the surgery went easier than the first time around. I did not have any vertigo, numbness, loss of taste and or metallic taste. I was in recovering a little longer because they could not get my blood oxygen up so my dh had to make me mad in order to breathe more. Since it has been less than a week since surgery, I had to listen all over again with my right ear and I noticed that I should have a mapping before the surgery. I realized that the last mapping was in July so things has change especially the volume.

Today I had to use the phone to talk one of the nurse from the insurance company and I explained to her that I am using the Captel to be able to understand her. The conversation last about 5 minutes and I got most of the words so it getting there. My right ear is not accustomed to the phone, it was my left ear.

My first activation will be on March 18, 2010, the day after my daughter's birthday. I am glad that I got this second implant.

No comments: